Thursday, February 6, 2014

Green Apple Vodka Sweater and Goldilocks

Tonight begins coverage of the Olympics and my goal is to finish a sweater over the next 2 weeks. I started this sweater in September 2013 and I stopped working on it for some reason I can't remember but I am sure it was something shinny.  The pattern is Vodka Lemonade by Thea Colman.

Here are a couple screen shots so you know what it is supposed to look like.


I like the seed stitch collar.


My plan is to knit this a little longer, not end it at the waist like the pattern shows.



I am calling my sweater Green Apple Vodka. The yarn is 100% Baby Alpaca and it feels amazing!


Now comes my Goldilocks moment. The first needle I was using to knit this were Signature Needles which are my go to favorites but these one were to short for some reason and they feel old in my hands. So these are TOO SMALL.


The next pair of needles I switched to were Addi Turbo's but I find these to be to sticky with this yarn. SO these are TOO SKICKY.


My last set are Knit Picks wood needles and they are feeling just right. This makes me a very happy girl.



No comments:

Post a Comment