Sunday, November 3, 2013

What do you do with all those quilts?

The top question I get asked the most is "What do you do with all the quilts you make?" Well after 20 some years I can say that 85% went as gifts, 8% I use around the house, 2% I sold, and 5% I never finished for one reason or another.

On my guest beds I have quilts.


 I have some stored away to add onto beds for a chilly night or to just switch out.

This quilt was a wedding shower gift to my niece April. The quilt top was made by her Great Grandmother and I just quilted it and was able to give her a piece of her history.

 This quilt was a gift for a co-worker of my husband who had a little boy.

This quilt is in my car as my emergency blanket. I love that its silly and if I ever need it its there to keep me company.

I made this T-shirt quilt for my son with just some of his tee's that represented important events in his life.

Here's another baby gift quilt, this time for a little girl. The parents ended up using this as inspiration for her room. How cool is that!

This quilt was made for the band director. It has images from that years band but done in the colors to match her living room not school colors. Although moments before I presented this quilt to her she was asking me "What do you do with so many quilts?"

And finally, this quilt is for the Quilts of Valor program. These quilts are given to soldiers who have been injured. I am proud to be a part of this movement. Pictured here is the woman who made the top and then gave it to me to quilt and finish. I then gave it back to her so that she could present it to a solider. Great lady who also has a son serving in the military.

This is just a small sampling of quilts that I happen to have pictures of laying around. I am really bad at remembering to take photos but I hope to get better with this blog otherwise my post will be pretty boring.

2 comments: