Saturday, March 29, 2014

Puddles

My Tadpole socks are coming along...slowly. I have been doing so much with my spinning and fiber that these have lagged behind.

I have finished the leg portion and heel flap and I am now working on the gusset.


You can see the heel turn here and how you make the turn to start on the instep.


I am not happy with the way the yarn is "pooling". This is when the same colors pool together. I think it would be prettier if the colors were more spread out but I am to far along to start over with another pattern.


You can really see it here on the back of the sock. Its a little disappointing but what are you gonna do? From experience I will tell you that the second sock will not do this. It never happens that the socks will match that well.


No comments:

Post a Comment