Friday, January 3, 2014

New Year..time for some goal setting

I truly believe in making lists in order to see what you what to accomplish. If you don't know where you are going how do you know when you get there?

I have been putting a lot of thought in to what I want 2014 to look like for me. I know I don't want a repeat from last year when I felt I lost my creative side. I know I want to be better and do better this year.

Knitting Goals:

33 Barn Raising Quilt squares- if I knit 1 a week I can be done by August
52 Dish cloths- knit 1 a week all year
Green Apple Vodka Sweater- knit during the winter olympics
400 Hexipuffs for Beekeeper Quilt- knit 34 per month.

My knitting goals are so doable, easy to catch up if I fall behind. Now the trick is to not give up.

Quilting Goals:

My quilting goals are a little bigger than my knitting.

This year I want to dedicate to finishing up my UFO's. (unfinished objects). I have way more than I care to admit to. Some are tops that are done and they just need quilted. Some are in boxes and have been for years in varies stages of sewn. Some I decided I just don't like but those are the ones I need to finish and donate because someone somewhere will love them. So my goal is that before I start one project I need to complete 2 UFO's. Otherwise I won't be making any headway.

In a previous post outlined my stash building plan so that needs to continue. However I need to get the other part of my stash under control...my scraps. Scraps are my leftovers from projects that are small bits and pieces. Right now I have them just thrown in to bins but they need to be organized into size and shapes. I plan to get my scraps under control this year. One day a month needs to be dedicated to this task.  Its a BIG task.

Blogging:

My biggest and scariest goal for 2014 is to continue this blog. I worry I will run of of things to talk about or even worse I will run out of things you want to read about.

Happy New Year to all of you and I pray that you are all able to make and exceed your goals for 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment