Friday, December 13, 2013

Beekeeper Quilt

I have been regulated to the sofa for a few days and I think I might be losing it.

What do you do when you are on the sofa so many hours a day? I knit. I have been knitting squares for my Barn Raising Quilt and few dish cloths. But I was bored. I need a challenge so on to the web I went and Oh Buddy did I find a challenge.

From Ravelry

What is wrong with me that even when I knit I have to do things that have a gazillion pieces? Maybe its because I have a short attention span and I want quick results.



This knitting project calls for 384 hexagons to make a 3'x 4' throw. Each hexi is just 3". They are adorable! I will just have to add this to my basket of nightly stitching. I can make these from the same yarn I am using for my Barn Raising Quilt. Its all fingering weight ...sock yarn.



Now here is the adorable part..you stuff the hexi with fiber fill to make it puffy!!!



Close up the top and viola, one hexagon done.



For some reason when I was trying to make my first one last night I could not for the life of me knit this pattern right. Its stupid easy and yet I knit it twice wrong...3 hours. I just was not getting the directions. The pattern really is stupid easy. Beginner easy. Mindless easy. I could not get it! I went to bed and laid in bed wondering what was wrong with me, and that's when I smacked myself in the head with what I was doing wrong. Sometimes we over think things.

No comments:

Post a Comment